Coon hunting is an old practice, a time-honored tradition that has remained popular up to these days. It was a great way to obtain food as well as fur. However, nowadays, these are not the only purposes of this particular activity. It has also become a hobby and competition sport among enthusiasts. In fact, it is regarded as a wildlife management tool too.
For outdoorsmen, this is a fun and exciting activity. No wonder why the number of people who are engaging in coon hunting has increased over the years. Interested? You and your friends can join the club too!
In order for you to get the best experience when you are out hunting for raccoons, it is essential that you have the right gear and equipment. One of which is the coon hunting light that can significantly contribute to your success as a hunter.
Best Coon Hunting Light
- Long beam range for spotting coons, predators, coyotes eyes around 500 yards to 800 yards.
- Rechargeable 18650 battery with circuit safety protection, power up headlamp over 15 hours.
- Engineering grade waterproof shell protects your headlamp from rough weather and collision.
- Switch between 6 different lighting modes. Adjust to a full range of lighting needs.
- Gifted box packing with 1 instruction manual, make a great gift!
- 3 lighting modes: Switch among 3 different brightness modes. Adjust to a full range of lighting needs. A powerful 10W Cree LED bulb can illuminate up to 800 yards.
- Red & Green Filters: Red filter for coon, coyote, predator, alligator Hunting, and green filter for hog hunting.
- Long-lasting battery: A 6600 mAh high capacity rechargeable 18650 batteries can work for 15 hours max.
- Easy Installation: Install the headlamp without any tools just in seconds.
- Waterproof & Durable: Rated as IP68 Dust-proof And Rain-proof grade. Make sure your light still working even when it's raining.
- Light source: 1 Main LED + 2 auxiliary light source.
- Saftey: With China national explosive-proof certificate Exi and CE certificate, can be used safty in various flammable and explosive places.
- Intelligent protection: With overcharge & over-discharge resistant function and short circuit protection device, thus, this is very safe and realiable.
- High quality LED can be used for more than 100,000 hours, which eliminates the trouble of replacing the lamp.
- Use scope:It's suitable for professional works and outdoor sports, like coal miners, tunnel projects mine, oil field construction site, camping, fishing, hiking, night fishing, night flying, sailing, caving and hunting etc.
- Low power consumption and long life CREE L2 LED, the LED life up to 100000H, which eliminates the trouble of replacing the bulb
- 9000mA high-capacity battery pack with intelligent protection board to ensure battery life
- The lamp head angle can be adjusted freely, easy to control the lighting angle
- Separation style design, balanced the weight on the head, it more comfortable to wear
- Flexible head band, it can adjust the appropriate size for using
- 【High Power 8W CREE LED】High Power 8W 350 lumens Miner Headlamp , Range to 500 meters(without optical filter).
- 【Dimmable Super Bright LED Headlight】4 lighting modes for hunting, coal mining,night fishing,camping ,hiking, bicycling(25%, 50%, 75%, 100%)
- 【IP68 Waterproof 】Ideal for all water use, no worry about the rainy day.
- 【Rechargeable Lithium battery pack】4400mAh Li-ion Battery, longer illumination time, It comes with a home charger and a wall charger, Please note that you can only use the charger provided.
- 【Worry-Free Customer Service】Kohree stands behind all of its products 100%. If you received broken or defective lights, please contact us Kohree any time and we will help.
The popularity of coon hunting has never faded. Instead, it has grown immensely, and this has also given birth to better gear.
Like what we have mentioned above, the hunting light plays a very important role in this type of outdoor activity. Of course, the last thing that you would want to happen while you are in the dark looking for a raccoon is your equipment giving up on you. You would go home empty-handed then. For this reason, it is highly recommended that you invest in the best hunting light there is.
The challenge, though, is that these days, there are so many coon hunting lights that have flooded the marketplace, and this is what is making it quite difficult to spot a reliable one. So when you are shopping, there are several factors that you need to consider to ensure that you will be able to find an excellent coon hunting light.
First of all, you need to determine the type that you need. You can get one or a combination of the scope mounted gun light, LED headlamp style light and handheld spotlights.
When hunting for raccoons, keep in mind that you will be walking in the wilderness far and wide, so you have to make sure that your light is not too heavy. Otherwise, it will just take away your focus.
· Battery Life
You really can’t tell how long you will be walking around looking for your target. It may take a few hours or it can also be the whole night. You wouldn’t want to be hunting blind; therefore, it is crucial that you get something with long-lasting battery life. And to be on the safe side, bring extra batteries with you.
Coon hunting lights are not created equal. Some are powerful enough to allow you to see far distance, while others’ beams are limited. What you need is a light that has the power and strength to help you find your target.
Bright Eyes Coon Hunting Lights
As you shop for the best coon hunting lights, you will certainly come across the Bright Eyes brand. Hunters are raving about the Fuzion cap light as it proves to be one of the best in the industry today. It features the brightest beam, colors, as well as laser with night trace technology. It is perfect for professional and beginner hunters!
This product also boasts 6 hours of burn time on the brightest position and as long as 150 hours in a low position. Can you imagine that? It’s simply the best that you can get.
Depending on the cap selection, the Fuzion cap light weighs anywhere from 22 to 24oz. Plus, it comes with the most powerful green laser, far better than that of its competitors.
You might also want to look at the Bright Eyes belt lights, which are equally well-performing.
Blazer Coon Hunting Lights
Another reliable brand of coon hunting lights is Blazer. The company carries a huge variety of lighting supplies from cap lights to ATV spotlights.
When it comes to headlamps, the Blazer 600 lumen LED headlamp is definitely worth checking out. Hunters say that it has tremendous possibilities, with different modes, features, as well as intensities.
Another thing that you might want to look at is the Blazer C8014 ATV spotlight, which you can get from Amazon. This product rotates full 360 degrees horizontally and 90 degrees vertically. It can also be detached and used as a hand-held light.
How to Build Coon Hunting Light
If you want to save some money and have a coon hunting light that has all the features that you want, you can actually build your own.
The first thing that you have to consider is the beam. It should be adjustable in such a way that you can spread it if you are just walking, or project it up to 300 feet once you start looking for your target. To modify the beam, you have to get rid of the emitter inside the normal light and replace it with Green or Red emitter.
Mount it on the scope using the holder. You may also opt to mount the holder on the lower handguard if you wish to utilize the light in the side point of the gun.
To ensure that the light is stable, make use of the metal bar inside the holder.
Competition Coon Hunting Lights
If you are already a professional coon hunter and you want to spice up your hunting experience, then you can consider joining a competition. With this game, it is not only your skills as a hunter as well as that of your dog that matters but also the coon hunting light that you are using.
Since you are all competing to get the grand prize, you would want to ensure that your equipment is in tip-top shape. The two most important factors that you need to look into when buying a coon hunting light for the competition are the brightness and battery life. Aside from the brands that we have highlighted above, you can also look into headlamps by InnoGear, Luxolite, Boruit, Streamlight Buckmasters, Ousili, and Olidear, just to mention a few.